Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
Don't lose benefits
Your health plan renewal date may be coming soon. If you haven’t already, you may need to recertify to keep getting UnitedHealthcare coverage.
If you or someone you know needs help due to the closure of a sober living home or residential facility, call 211 (press 7) to be connected to a navigator who can help with immediate housing, health care, and transportation. Learn more: www.211arizona.org/MMIP
Arizona, we’ve got you covered
No-cost or low-cost health coverage from UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. Learn about UnitedHealthcare Medicaid health plans we offer in Arizona.
Helping people is at the heart of all we do
All Arizonians deserve affordable health care, including you. At UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, we are dedicated to helping people live healthier lives.
We offer a variety of plans for you and your family to get healthy — and stay healthy. We cover adults, people with disabilities, expectant moms and children.
Whatever plan you choose, we’ll help you get the care you need
Providing Arizona Medicaid coverage for over 40 years
Large variety of network providers
No-cost virtual visits
Take action to prevent the flu. A seasonal flu shot has been shown to prevent flu illnesses, doctor visits and hospitalizations, and can be lifesaving for children. UnitedHealthcare plans cover pneumonia, influenza, and shingles shots.
Arizona, we’re here to help you access care and resources for Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Arizona health plans as low as $0 cost
- No or low cost
- Low-income individuals
- Low-income families
- Pregnant individuals
- Children and young adults
Developmental Disabilities Program
Children and adults who qualify based on income and health needs with conditions such as:
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Cerebral palsy
- Down syndrome
- Other cognitive disabilities
Long Term Care
Our Long Term Care Plan is people of all ages who have a long-term disability due to age, illness, or injury based on income and health needs.
Healthy Kids are Ready to Learn
AHCCCS or KidsCare members ages 3-19 who complete a well-care visit between June 5 and September 5, 2023 are eligible for a gift card.
- Earn a $25 gift card when you complete an annual well-care visit.
- Childhood and teen well-care visits are covered by AHCCCS.
- Well-care visits provided by PCPs and OBGYNs include screenings and www.azahcccs.gov/wellcare preventive measures.
Healthy Kids Flyer
Long Term Care Information
Developmental Disabilities Program Information
We Cover Arizona
With one of the widest networks in Arizona, UnitedHealthcare is proud to offer health care coverage for the past 40 years to people through Medicaid, Medicare, Exchanges and commercial plans. We look forward to helping you get the health care you deserve and need.
Medicaid: More for You in 2023
Some of the benefits you may qualify for include:
- Pre and postnatal care for pregnant individuals and newborns
- A large provider network
- Prescription drug coverage
- Mental heath coverage
- Substance use disorder treatment services
- People who may be dealing with stress, depression, anxiety or using drugs or alcohol
Dual Special Needs Plans in 2023
Arizonans on a UnitedHealthcare Dual Special Needs Plan (or dual health plan) get many extra benefits beyond those you get with either Original Medicare or Medicaid.
- Monthly credit to buy healthy food and OTC products and pay utility bills
- An allowance for covered types of preventive and comprehensive dental
- $0 copay on all covered generic and brand-name prescriptions including home delivery
Individual & Family Plan
- Those who do not qualify for AHCCCS or are over-income for AHCCCS.
- Under 65 or not eligible for Medicare.
- Individuals or families that do not have employer offered health insurance.
UnitedHealthcare® mobile app
Scan here to easily download the App
As a member of UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, you may qualify for Assurance Wireless a government Lifeline Assistance program that provides a mobile phone and service plan, at no cost.
As an Assurance Wireless customer, you can easily access:
- Health-related information from UnitedHealthcare
- Benefit and program reminders via text for you and your family
- UnitedHealthcare Member Services
Already have Lifeline? You can switch from your current service provider.
Choose the Lifeline service that’s right for you.
Visit AssuranceWireless.com/partner/buhc to apply or learn more about Assurance Wireless Lifeline plans. Get ready to enjoy mobile health support at no cost to you.
On-demand help with stress, anxiety and depression
Sanvello is an app that offers clinical solutions to help dial down the symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression - anytime. Connect with powerful tools that are there for you when symptoms come up. Stay engaged each day for benefits you can feel. Use Sanvello whenever you need to track your progress and stay until you feel better. You can upgrade to premium at no cost by following these steps:
- Download the app at sanvello.com and open it.
- Create an account and choose "upgrade through insurance."
- Search for and select UnitedHealthcare, then enter the information available on your UnitedHealthcare medical insurance card.
More information is available at sanvello.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Healthy First Steps
Build a healthy future for you and your baby and earn great rewards with Healthy First Steps. Our program will help you take the right steps to keep you and your baby healthy. Plus you can earn $20 just for signing up.
We will help you:
- Choose a pregnancy provider and a pediatrician (child’s doctor)
- Schedule visits and exams and arrange rides to your visits
- Earn rewards for going to visits throughout your pregnancy and baby’s first 15 months of life.
If you think you may be pregnant or as soon as you know you are pregnant, call Healthy First Steps at 1-800-599-5985 or visit our website at UHCHealthyFirstSteps.com.
Our HealthTalk newsletter is now online. The newsletters are a great way to learn about our health plan and important health topics.
You can read it whenever, wherever you want. Check back quarterly for a new edition.
Medicaid Newsletter English | Español
Medicaid Bonus Spring Newsletter English | Español
Developmental Disabilities Newsletter English | Español
Developmental Disabilities Bonus Spring Newsletter English | Español
Long Term Care Newsletter English | Español
Long Term Care Bonus Spring Newsletter English | Español
Learn about plan types
Dual Special Needs Plans (DSNP)
Dual special needs plans (also called "dual" plans) are for people who get both Medicaid and Medicare. Dual plans cover doctor visits, hospital stays and prescription drugs. They offer more benefits and extras than Original Medicare. You'll keep all your Medicaid benefits too.
Medicaid is health insurance for people with low incomes. You might be able to get Medicaid if you're pregnant, have children or live with a disability. In some cases, other adults also may qualify. Costs to you are low and based on your ability to pay. It's important to know that Medicaid rules and coverage differ from state to state.